Sunday, May 1, 2011

Swoon over a Macaron

A macaron (French pronunciation: [makaˈʁɔ̃]) is a sweet confectionery made with egg whites, icing sugar, granulated sugar, almond powder or ground almond and food coloring. These french pastries are more like a sandwich cookies filled with buttercream, ganache or jam filling.

Macarons are definitely on my culinary list this year. I simply adore these little french pastries even though I am completely clueless about how they taste like. I fell head over heels the minute I saw those colorful, mouthwatering macarons from the famous french pâtisserie Ladurée, the best of macarons. But because I can't just jet off to Paris to fetch some, I must at least try making them myself.

I heard that macarons are among the most difficult of pastries to make, but I thought I would be up for the challenge. There are a few recipes I am eager to try, so wish me luck! :)



2 comments:

Michelle Lee said...

love macarons all the time :)

your newest follower here!
pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

Maggie said...

Thank you dear Michelle! I've been to your blog and it's awesome! xoxo

Post a Comment

AddThis