Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tales Of The Jeweled Ring 3

Here is my version of the knuckle/armour ring. Please forgive my hideous wire-wrapped for this ring, it is just a prototype that I've been making using recycled brass wires and Swarovski crystals. I just love how they turned out to be although some adjustments are needed.

As soon as it was done, I thought that the ring might felt uncomfortable on my finger, and run some test on them. I wear them the whole night on a girls night out and to my surprise they were comfy! ;) In fact, I've already received a commissioned for this ring from my best friend despite the hideous wire wrapped.

I'll post it on my next blog post but for now have a beautiful day ahead my friends... >_~

,

Margaret


10 comments:

Ozma of Odds said...

...another stunning piece my dear!!
Who doesn't adore crystals?!
xo, Rosemary

mikapoka said...

Actually I don't wear rings but these are so gorgeous looking I'd like to won one!
Thanx Maggie

luthien said...

i love how things that catches your eye inspires you ... and that you make it happen in your own style. it's really pretty eventho just a prototype ... it shows that you truly take pride in your work. i do love the brass on this one, it gives the ring a beautiful ethnic aura.

Maggie said...

Thank you Rosemary, Mikapoka and Luthien! Thank you so much for these inspirational words! It inspires me to do my best. I'll be making a commissioned one soon and will share it ASAP.

mikapoka: I'll practise making some more first...k, ;)

Grit and Glamour said...

Maggie...please let me know when you get your prototype finished! Would love to have one of my own. Thanks also for your vote/comments at http://www.beautifulstranger.tv/blog/post/2010/06/Vahnis-Grit--Glamour.aspx. Totally appreciate it!

Maggie said...

Thanks for your appreciation Vahni! I'll let you know once the ring is done!

I love reading your blog, I found lots of inspiration and fashion tips in there. Glad I've found you.

xoxo,
Maggie

Brettini said...

Hey Maggie! I was trying to remember where I'd read your blog name before, then I remembered you're on LOOKVILLE. I absolutely adore your wirework and Will be spending yet another Saturday, in my backyard, practicing! Maybe you can share some tips with me :D

I hope to talk soon.

-Brettney

Maggie said...

Lol...Yes Brettney! I found you on lookville! Thanks for dropping by my blog :) There is still a lot of things I'm learning in jewelry making but of course I'd be glad to share tips with you, just ask me... :)

xoxo,
Maggie

Lana said...

Шикарно!
Первое фото уношу в свой блог с ссылочкой)))

С наилучшими пожеланиями из России =)

Maggie said...

Thanks Lana for the beautiful compliments :)。It was sweet to received a comment in Russian 。 I have to google translate the words that you‘re saying in order to understand 。 Have a wonderful weekend!

best regard,
Maggie

Post a Comment

AddThis