Monday, March 1, 2010

The Merry Widow Earring


I might not be the expert in the era of the 1920's but I certainly admire & passionate about the culture, lifestyle and most of all, the exquisite jewelries & accessories. Constantly looking for inspiration from that decadent era, I came across this super stunning portrait of Mea Murray (The Merry Widow 1926), an icon of the roaring twenties (yet another one of my muse). Notice that her earring was the inspiration for my next piece...

The Merry Widow Earring marks a new line of designs that soon to become a signature look for Diamond Dolls Couture pieces.

The Merry Widow was hand-sculpted from the sterling silver 925 to form a wavy diamond-shape frame, embellished with lace-like organic swirl patterns. It was a wonder & fun to create especially the hand sculpted cap that tugs the luscious Blue Chalcedony. Layers of elaborate sterling & fine silver wires have been used in the capping that went perfectly well ( I think) with the lacy background.

Down under the cap is where you'll find triplets of dazzling AAA Micro-faceted Mystic Topaz, glimmers with every movement, as well as the drop of chain with a single glint of AAA plus gem grade Sky Blue Topaz Briolette.

The earring drops approximately 3.5" from top of the sterling silver leverback with a 1" wide.
It is absolutely lightweight & very much comfortable to wear.

2 comments:

Zurien - NadaBanana on Etsy said...

Your jewelry are awesome! I almost wish you hadn't added me on Flickr because I'm trying to expand my designs but I don't want to be influenced by other people! lol
Keep up the good work, and nice meeting you :)

Maggie said...

Lol...you are so sweet & funny Zurien! I'm also learning here, taking baby steps. Wish you the best of luck and nice meeting you too!

♥ Maggie ♥

Post a Comment

AddThis