Friday, November 13, 2009

Cruisin with Casati

Inspired by nautical adventures and the classic ideal of feminism and beauty, Karl Lagerfeld created true masterpieces for the Chanel Cruise 2010 collection taking the divine Marchesa Luisa Casati as his beauty muse.


It was the legendary Grand Hotel Excelsior Venice Lido Resort that hosted this event, set against the theatrical backdrop of a spectacular sunset view.


Models were dressed in Peggy Guggenheim inspired clothes and they walked on a boardwalk that serves as runways wearing Marchesa Casati inspired wigs & make up.


As much as I love the dresses, I just couldn’t take my eyes of those bold & chunky neckpieces! What an inspiration…I wish I had more gems!

2 comments:

Edera Jewelry said...

Thanks so much for your comments on my jewelry! You do lovely work--so feminine and romantic :)
Take care,
Ivy

Maggie said...

Love your work too Ivy~! xoxoxo

Post a Comment

AddThis