Thursday, September 17, 2009

I Love Decadent

I like the word decadent. All shimmering with purple and gold. It throws out the brilliance of flames and the gleam of precious stones. It is made up of carnal spirit and unhappy flesh and of all the violent splendors of the Lower Empire: it conjures up the paint of courtesans, the sports of the circus, the breath of the tamers of animals, the bounding of wild beasts, the collapse among the flames of races exhausted by the power of feeling, to the invading sound of enemy trumpets. — Paul Verlaine, circa 1886

Welcome to my blog! Here, is where you’ll find the ramblings & musings of a bright-eyed Virgo that has an eye for sparkle, vintage and all things pretty. My passion is to create jewelry and in the past few years I’ve been indulging in wire-wrapped artistry and millinery techniques. Obviously, the biggest influential for me came from the eras of the old world – Victorian, Edwardian, Art Nouveau, Art Deco and also Retro. From time to time, I’ll be posting more about my jewelries, ideas and inspirations. Do enjoy your stay here and thank you for visiting.

Well, off to work I go & have a great day. Au revoir!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis